Thursday, August 2, 2012

Robots

Right now I should be packing and cleaning the house to get ready to leave for our family reunion this weekend. It's up by Rocky Mountain House somewhere, so we'll head up to my parents' house tonight and head out there tomorrow sometime. For some reason though, I just can't muster up the energy to do it. Most of the time I am good at doing something, even when I don't want to, when there is a dead line, but today......I am having a hard time doing it.

I don't know if it's just being in the house with the girls and we're all going crazy or I'm just really tired. I am looking forward to the weekend, but I know that it's going to take a lot out of me at the same time. Thankfully my family is really good at helping me out. Normally I don't like people taking over the "mom" role when I'm around, but this weekend might be an exception. We will see.

So, to get to the title I'll explain a little bit. I've been frustrated with things around here a bit. I won't go into details, but being a wife and mom really is the most thankless job around. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't trade my life, I have it really good. There are just times when it would be nice to feel appreciated for everything that a stay at home mom does. I know I am not the only one who feels this way. I am not trying to make my family feel bad either. It's just a general overall feeling. So, on days like today when I'm not really full of energy and motivation I try to think of the good things and my blessings. The most recent one I've been using a lot to help me appreciate my children is the following:

Mackinley and Macey walking around talking like robots......

Macey - I.am.a.ro.bot.......I.eat.hu.mans.
Mackinley - I.am.a.pup.py.ro.bot.
Macey - I.am.a.pup.py.ro.bot.too......we.need.to.find.kit.ties.

Okay, so whoever says thinks that girls aren't as strange and rough like boys, has never met my girls. Seriously, where do kids come up with this stuff? I continually amazed at how their little minds work. I love when their quirky little personalities shine through. They really are the best and I am one lucky mom!

Now, hopefully that is enough to get me going again!

No comments:

Post a Comment