Saturday, September 1, 2012

Bed rest :(

Yesterday was my follow up Dr appointment after the premature labor episode. It's already been a week since then! I'm so glad they are still in there.

He seemed a bit more concerned this time. He measured me and we listened to the heartbeats. Everything was good. Although I did almost pass out on the table. You have to lay on the table flat on your back with your legs down to be measured. Then trying to find two heartbeats can take awhile. Yesterday Baby B was not cooperating and I started to feel sick and the spots started coming. For those of you who don't know......when you are pregnant, especially closer to the end, when you lay flat on your back the babies cut off your circulation. That is why they tell you to lay on your side. Preferably your left. It's supposed to help your kidneys that way I guess. Anyways, after that was done I sat up and he told me that he wants me on partial bed rest. I am grateful for the word 'partial' in there. He told me that he tells people having triplets that they need to rest around an hour in the morning, afternoon, and evening. And then he told me that was what I am supposed to do. I have mixed feelings about it. It's definitely not the end of the world and I can still do my regular things, but I think it's just one more thing that has made this more real. It's not everyday though that you get told that you need to go lie down 2 or 3 times a day. I try to do it at least once a day, but I will just have to make sure I do it a bit more. Especially if the contractions start. It really is kinda nice, especially for someone like me that can't sit back and watch and receive help very easily. Being forced to rest will be good for me and the babies and I just need to enjoy the time to rest because once they are here........well, you know.

After I was done, I took the girls shopping. We hit the mall and had some lunch. Then I went to Costco. I really wanted to hit Walmart while we were there, but I started having contractions, so we stopped and got some ice cream and went home. It's really frustrating not being able to go shopping for a few hours, but I'd rather not shop than have babies right now. So, I will manage.

I have an ultrasound on Tuesday. I will be 34 weeks by then! Woooohooooo! And then I think my doctor might be gone. I really hope not. I don't see him again until the following Monday. That will be 35 weeks! So I really hope that we will make it until that appointment. And if I do, they better wait to come until the following Wednesday. Jar leaves early that week for work because he is one the Mine Rescue and they have to go up for training a day early every couple of months. And of course it has to be now. Because he's on night that week, he won't get home until Wednesday afternoon. I am dreading that week. You have know idea.

A quick update on how I am doing physically and I will stop. I have hit the 40 lb mark this week. I am almost 34 weeks, measuring 40 weeks. My tummy is measuring about 42 inches around. I still haven't gotten any new stretch marks! This makes me incredibly happy. I know they can still come and probably will. They could even come after, but I thought for sure by now I would have some. My belly button is still an inny! The babies have dropped down a bit. I can breath better and my heartburn has been a lot better this week. The heartburn was so bad it felt like every time I ate I had food stuck in my throat. Like when you take a pill and it gets stuck. That's how it felt and it was so annoying. Then if they moved just right, they would kick my stomach and it would come back up. Gross. The pressure in the crotchal area is, well, painful, heavy, annoying. The waddle has definitely increased this last week as well. I am pretty sure that is why he put me on bed rest. Things are progressing and he told me he could tell by looking at me. He told me I have "blossomed". At least I won't have to worry about being induced or not. He won't do it, so I was a bit upset when he told me that. Just because of the complications I had with Mackinley when I was induced with her. I may have mentioned that.

Anyways, my pregnancy brain is starting to show in my ramblings. Again, sorry if this seems repetitive or boring. But, I do this blogging for me. It helps me to clear my head a bit and sort things out. I'm sure I will appreciate looking back on this time of my life as well and I'd way rather type than write. So this is my journal. I'm hoping that once the babies are here and we are a bit better with schedules and I have my stuff together again, the blog will still be a journal, but maybe back to sharing just everyday things instead of dumping all my emotional and mental baggage on it. One day!

1 comment:

  1. Oy, I can sure relate to "the pressure". That was almost the worst part of my pregnancies. I hated that. Just so ya know, I'm living vicariously through you--trying to ward off baby fever by reading your story, haha! Can't wait to see some pics of your little men!