Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Last day of school!!!

Today was Mackinley's last day of school! I can't believe it's done. She is growing up way too fast. We had a fun day today to celebrate. The kindergarten class went to one of the classmates farms and hung out for the day.

We went for a LONG walk. I was completely done by the time we got back. We walked up to some hay bales and took a break. The kids had fun climbing and jumping on them. Then we continued up to a little dug out lake. We stopped and had some snacks and then we started to go back down to the farm. It started to rain. A lot. It was awesome! I love the rain. The smell, the feel, the sound. I love how it has kept things cool. I don't like the mud though....

Anyways, I did bring our rain gear, so we had on our jackets and our gum boots and it was good. I did manage to get my XL youth rain jacket on and zipped. I was pretty happy with that. My legs were soaked, but it was good. We got back and had to go inside to eat lunch. Then we headed back out into some more sun for some more walking. We toured the barns and looked at the animals and then came back up for some more snacks and then we headed home.

It was a long day, but it was fun. I will pay for it tomorrow. I can already feel the joints stiffening. It was fun to see Mackinley in her element. She loves school and she loves friends. She is such a social butterfly. I can see so much of her in me and there still so much that isn't. She really is a great girl. She is my big helper and I am so glad she was sent to me!


 Here are pictures of her on her first day of school and the last day of school. I didn't realize she ended up wearing pretty much the same outfit until after. Pretty funny!



No comments:

Post a Comment