Thursday, November 1, 2012

I love to laugh!

Today has been a good day. I have laughed so much. I don't know why, but it has felt really good. This last week was our hardest just because I have been so sick and Jar was gone, but I am feeling better every day and things are easier when there is another adult in our house. I love to laugh! I love laughter in general. I love the sound of my kids laughter I think the best. Especially when they are laughing together.

The other day, both girls were on the couch and they both were holding one of the boys. Macey was holding Walker and I can't remember what he did, maybe pull her hair or something, but she started to laugh the hardest I have ever seen her laugh. Then Mackie joined in. Mackie has the most contagious laugh. She is a giggler and I love the sound of it. It always makes me smile. Hearing Macey laugh like that always takes me by surprise. As a baby, you could not get her to laugh. She would smile, but she would not laugh. It definitely took a lot of effort. Now she will laugh much easier, but to hear her laugh uncontrollably is the best. You know, the laugh that starts so hard it's silent...it's the best. Seeing my two girls hysterically laughing while holding their two new born brothers was priceless. It is one of those memories that will be a favorite forever.

I love to listen to other people laugh. I love those deep hearty laughs. I like ones that stand out. You know those people that the loud laugh when you go to a funny movie in the theater? I love those. I married one of those.

I love looking back at the moments that caused all of the laughter. Like this morning. I laughed so hard. I don't remember the last time I laughed that hard. I had to contain myself though because my throat is still a bit raw and I didn't want to make it worse. But I still enjoyed it! Even now, just thinking about the word "blade" makes me laugh. Seriously, I am sitting here laughing like a big old dork. I wish Jar wouldn't have erased my picture though. Oh man, I am laughing even harder now.

So yeah. I love to laugh! Today was a great reminder of how much I love it. It was a good reminder to make sure I laugh more often. The last 6 weeks have been awesome. Newborn babies bring joy into our lives and that is what I have been feeling, but I haven't been laughing. I know you don't have to laugh to be happy, but laughing sure does feel good! I need to do it more, especially with my family! It totally brings people together in a memorable way!

No comments:

Post a Comment