Wednesday, October 17, 2012

The babies are sleeping!

Quick! The babies are sleeping and I am downstairs on the computer! Hopefully I can type fast enough to get an update posted.

This is probably the 3rd time I have been on the computer in the last month. I just don't have time. It is really weird to do nothing really, but be busy at the same time. The boys are so good, but they take up a lot of time.

Yesterday was their actual due date, so they are still little and they are just starting to wake up a bit. They were late preemies, but you could tell they were early because they just acted a bit different. This last week they have blossomed into little babies. It's been fun to watch!

They nurse really well! It's actually been easier than nursing one baby in some ways. I have to nurse more because I don't have them on a schedule, I just do it as a supply and demand kinda thing. But, I don't have to worry about engorgement. They take care of that really well for me :) And I don't know if it's because they were littler and didn't have as strong suction power, but I didn't get nearly as sore when I started nursing as I did with my girls. I remember getting scabs the first week with Macey. Ouch!

They are sleeping alright. The last couple of nights they have been doing the cluster feed thing until about 2-3 in the morning and then sleeping really good during the day. They don't wake up at night, but they just want to feed and feed and feed. It gets frustrating a bit, but I just keep telling myself it's just a phase. It's harder at night with twins, because Coop likes to snuggle and Walker doesn't really care either way for now. So, if Walker is hungry and Coop's sleeping, all the moving around wakes him up. If I put Coop in his sleeping spot, he will wake up grunting within a few minutes until I feed him again. So we are still working on that situation. I'm hoping to switch their cluster feed times to earlier in the day, but I'm not too sure if it's going to be possible. At least not for awhile anyways.

So, a regular day is pretty boring around here. We sit on the couch and feed babies. Then burp them. Then change them and then feed again. Once they fall asleep I either try and sleep or just relax. Unless it's time to eat, then I put them in their swings and quickly get something put together for Macey and I. That is when I try and do a quick clean up too. Then it's feeding, changing, and burping all over again. I have to fit showering in there somewhere too. This is going to sound gross, but I sweat after I have babies. Real bad. Constantly. It's nasty. It has gotten better, but I feel sticky and gross all the time. I really like my showers! For some reason though, those boys know when I am doing something else and they just don't like it! A lot of times it's shower and get dressed and that's it. I brush my hair and pull it up into a wet ponytail. I feel so glamorous!

They really are pretty awesome! I just wish they slept a bit better at night instead of during the day, but that's not really a big deal. I sometimes wonder what they would be like as a single baby. I can't even imagine right now how easy they would be if they were on their own. They are so good together, it would be a breeze with just one! Yeah, right.

Jar is on his way home right now from work. He is gone for a week at a time. It wasn't that bad. My mom came down for the weekend, so that was nice. We waited to go grocery shopping until she got here. I haven't ventured out yet with all 4 kids by myself. It's just a bit too crazy for that right now. They only time I went out by myself with the boys is when I had to be at the hospital at midnight for my antibiotics. And it was just them for about an hour. We will be planning our schedule around Jar's work and my mom being around. It's stuff like this that REALLY makes me wish we lived somewhere else. Maybe one day!

So that's pretty much it. We don't do a lot, but it is busy all at the same time. It's great! I am so grateful that I have this opportunity! I love that I can be a stay at home mom. It is challenging, but so rewarding. I love newborns and I love watching my kids grow! I am not a perfect mom, far from, but I am constantly learning from these kids. They are the best! I am truly blessed in life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment