Monday, February 7, 2011

2011 so far

Well this year has proven to be interesting! A lot of change happening this year! Most of it good, but right now there is definitely a lot of stress that comes with it. The mine that Jar works for is on strike right now. They went on strike just over a week ago. Hopefully it doesn't last too long. He does have work until the strike is over, so that is good. He is working at a sawmill in Elko. He stays out there, so we don't see him from Monday morning until Saturday morning. Not ideal, but at least he has a job and it is only temporary.
Another change is Jar has started to work Primerica. He's taking his course and writing his exams in Calgary this weekend. He will be doing life insurance, RRSP's, and other financial planning. Hopefully it all goes well for him this weekend!
Those are the things that are stressing us out right now. Jobs and money......who would have thought? At least we are being taken care of and I am grateful for a hard working hubby! I'm also grateful for the connections that we have. We would be pretty hard up right now without them! So, I guess I can sacrifice a little bit and try really hard not to complain, because I know there are other families out there that aren't so lucky.
On to better news......I'm going to be an Auntie!!! Finally! My brother Bo and his wife Kimm are having a baby boy this summer! Jar and I have been the only ones married on both sides of our family up until last year. My brother and his sister both got married last year. Actually, my brother got engaged the night Jar's sister got married. I think that's how it went anyways. Pretty exciting stuff! Our kids have been the only grand kids as well. They are spoiled to the nines, but it will be so good for them to have cousins!
I know so many people that are pregnant or just had a baby. It's crazy! I definitely would love to have another little baby around, but then I start to think about my awful labors and it goes away real quick! I think I'm just going to leave the baby making to everyone else. I will definitely have a lot of babies around in the near future to love.
I think there is only one more bit of 'news' left. I got a new calling in church last week. One that I am feeling very inadequate for......Relief Society teacher. I have never taught a single thing in church ever. Nothing. I also tend to have panic attacks and hyperventilate in certain situations, so hopefully teaching Relief Society is not one of them. I definitely have mixed emotions about it. I am excited.....to learn and grow, but at the price of failing miserably? Not so excited about that. No, I don't think I will fail miserably, but it's there lurking in the back of my head. I'll let you know how that goes. I teach this Sunday. Maybe I should be preparing my lesson instead of blogging.....hmmmmmm.
Well, that's our life for this year so far in a nutshell!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Tiff
    You will do great with the teaching in RS. I have been doing it for about 2 years now and I really enjoy it. And I don't mean that if I can do it you can do it. But knowing what a wonderful and open personality you have that is a plus. My bits of things I have learned--you don't have to know all the answers and it is okay to say "I don't know". And you are to be more of a discussion leader than a lecturer. Many classes the class members carry the bulk of the verbage. You just need to guide them. And most important of all...don't assume that just because they are older or have had more callings or more pioneer heritage that they know more about the Gospel than you do. The Lord picked you and knows you are or will be qualified. And try to enjoy the opportunity to explore the Gospel. That is probably the best part. Good luck on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll do great Tiff! Super excited that your going to be a aunt! As for money, my tip is to stay far away from LULU for a while!!!

    ReplyDelete